ACCOUNT MANAGER/DIRECTOR BENELUX – SPORTS & ENTERTAINMENT/MUSIC/LIFESTYLE (Amsterdam-based)
We are seeking an experienced Account Manager / Director to join our growing Brands & Properties division to support our project team and ambitious business development in sports & entertainment marketing, both for brands as for rights holders (clubs, teams, leagues, festivals, etc.). We are looking for a true hunter profile that thrives in new business development, while maintaining the eye for detail in project & team management, including operational delivery of our client’s major events, activations and 360° marketing campaigns.
Wasserman offers industry competitive benefits, depending on experience and candidate profile, but exciting visits to key sports, music or entertainment events are always part of the game! ;-)
Wasserman powers the business of sports, music, entertainment, lifestyle and culture. We serve clients with exceptional insight, influence and creativity, while making a positive impact on our industry and each other.
We are a 360° full service marketing & connections agency with 3 main pillars: Strategy, Creative/Content, Experiences (Live/Digital/Hybrid), and work on Strategy, Creative, Execution, Amplification and Measurement/Insights.
Our brands and properties division works with iconic brands and rights holders, supporting business growth through all marketing disciplines. We're a trusted partner to clients like AB InBev, Coca-Cola, Decathlon, Martini, BYD, Formula 1, UEFA Champions League, Pernod-Ricard, Lego, NFL, NBA, adidas, Spotify and many more, building meaningful connections between brands, properties and fans.
Founded in 2002, Wasserman represents many of the world’s most iconic sports and entertainment figures, musical artists, brands and properties, empowering them to shape culture and captivate audiences worldwide. We operate globally across more than 45 cities, 23 countries and six continents. Our Benelux offices are based in Mechelen and Amsterdam, reporting to the London EMEA HQ. This particular position will be based in Amsterdam, with client and Mechelen office visits as required (at least bi-weekly at our Benelux HQ in Mechelen, Antwerp).
For more information on Wasserman, please visit www.teamwass.com or www.teamwass.be
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
• Becoming one of the main stakeholders in our commercial team and business development in Benelux, throughout sports, entertainment, music, culture, lifestyle etc., both for top brands as for properties (teams, clubs, leagues, festivals etc.). Talent Management (contracts and negotiation for artists, athletes, bands, actors) is not part of this Brands & Properties division.
• Obtaining new briefings, requests-for-proposals, and fresh client introductions to meet our ambitious growth plans in the Benelux and beyond.
• Leading the development and execution of medium/large-scale marketing projects with support from one or more Project Managers.
• Multitasking and prioritizing own work, while also coordinating with others to meet deadlines and project milestones.
• Strategically planning workflows based upon deliverables. Understands the nuances of how certain tasks affect others, and prioritizes those items in order to keep projects moving along.
• Able to efficiently and effectively move information around the project to keep team on track.
• Operates in an organized manner, even under tight deadlines.
• Work in a collaborative manner with all Wasserman account teams to ensure flawless project delivery against the client’s objectives and agreed upon budget
• Ensure projects are correctly budgeted for and meet expected financial targets
• Understand the landscape for each client’s business/sector as well as the context for their investments.
• Troubleshoot and creative problem solve throughout projects with production and creative teams, both internally as externally.
• Ensure consistent positive working relationships between departments and other Wasserman team members.
• Manage day-to-day client relationships, establish credibility and anticipate client needs.
• Balances workload of multiple projects, overseeing several activations, campaigns, and RfP’s at once.
• Follow all project processes and procedures to uphold quality standards
• Create a positive, collaborative, teamwork environment that aligns with Wasserman company culture and values.
• Update the Benelux management team regularly on project status, highlighting key points, both on ongoing projects and clients, as for new business and prospection.
• Ensure projects are delivered to brief, SOW, budget, deadline and KPI's
• Set up, manage and share client information with relevant internal parties
• Management of 3rd party suppliers, including preparation of project briefing documents for project execution for agency partners and 3rd party suppliers
• Managing projects through Wasserman internal departments including creative, strategy, content and production teams from briefing through to delivery.
• Update the client regularly on account/project status highlighting key points
• Set up and lead client meetings ensuring agendas and contact reports are circulated
• Experience in working within and/or with an advertising or marketing agency, in sports and/or entertainment marketing, or at least the connection/interest in this beautiful fan-fueled business.
• Experience in Sponsorship Hospitality or Brands Activation Programs would be a huge plus, including understanding the complexities of the onsite execution, on-the-ground guest logistics and supplier management.
• Feeling comfortable and happy in an environment focused on high efficiency, pace, ownership & accountability, trust and a positive/constructive “can-do” attitude and mind-set. Demonstrated ability to work within in such a fast-paced environment and possess high levels of professionalism, particularly in stressful situations.
• Well-developed organisational, time management, and administrative skills.
• Proven ability to multitask, and see projects through from conception to execution, both for ongoing projects, as for new business and “hunting”.
• Comfortable with desk-based research, reading lots of articles and putting together client presentations or company reports